Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Nathi accusing Arthur Mafokate of using his name to Attract fans

An unimpressed Mankayi is accusing Mafokate of using his name to woo fans to his botched Mzansi Arts & Heritage Festival that was supposed to be held in Free State on Saturday, September 26.
"I was not happy to see my name on posters of an event that I was not booked to perform at. When I don't pitch at events, the fans will not blame the promoter but me," he said.
Mafokate retaliated: "I'm sorry to say this but his management is using him as a puppet. When my booking team secured a booking with him they agreed on R25000 and they later changed to R100000 after he sold platinum."
Mafokate said he argued with his team when they wanted to book a then "unknown" for R25000.
Mankayi said he wished people would confirm with his management before they pen his name on promotional posters.
His manager Sipho Nyathela confirmed that they had seen the posters on social media.
"We feel it was a bit unfair to advertise an event using our artist without following proper channels. We called Arthur's company and they apologised, saying it was a mistake," said Nyathela.
Mankayi's debut album Buyelekhaya recently hit double platinum, which is 80000 CDs sold, and it is now flying at more than 100000 copies sold.

Meanwhile, things are looking up for Mafokate. While he was still riding the crest of his hit single Nguwe Lo, which is topping the charts, he was appointed to the Southern African Music Rights Organisation (Samro) board of directors this week.
This comes shortly after his recent appointment to the South African Music Council. He is also chairman of the South African Arts And Development Association and a senior member of the Cultural and Creative Industries of South Africa.
"I am glad I am back to the industry I love so much. For a while my focus was concentrated on business, especially marketing and communication, which are my other passions. This recognition means a lot to me and I am grateful," he said.
For Nathi Bookings , Booking Nathi : booking@djsproduction.co.za / 0813401356

No comments: